Senior Technical Manager
Provide project management support across a number of the Region’s housing developments, managing the Consultant team and providing support to internal customers to ensure the timely delivery of Projects, to Programme and Quality.
- Manage more complex projects from design and buildability point of view
- Production and management of design fee budgets including monthly reporting.
- Input into project viability appraisals, advising the land team on value engineering.
- Auditing of drawings to ensure consistency and accuracy of the information and compliance with building regulations.
- Takes responsibility over design programme and ensure the agreed dates are achieved.
- Management and leadership of the design team meetings
- Management of the external consultants
- Management and support to technical manager including any training requirements
- Tracking and responding to all RFIs in a timely manner
- Maintain an up to date system for central storage of project related information ensuring that the business is always working in accordance with latest information.
- Monitor the latest build programme on a weekly basis to forward plan and prioritise workload to maintain smooth build delivery to programme.
- Co-ordinate the supply of information to all departments and take an active role in the auditing of information in use, particularly in the site-based build and sales set-ups.
- Submission of all information to the NHBC and obtaining approval of same, obtaining SAP Assessments together with EPC’s, Secured by Design approvals and delivering Building Regulation approvals on time.
- Obtaining and collating all ancillary specialist drawings including, but not limited to, plumbing and heating, kitchen, stair, lintels, p.c. ground floors, roof tile manufacturers’ specification and precast upper floors.
- Liaise with Housing Association delivery partners and attend regular meetings with them, co-ordinating the inputs from other departments to ensure our partners receive accurate and good quality project progress reports.
- Clearance of all necessary conditions such as NHBC and planning conditions to ensure smooth delivery of home completions.
- Maintain up to date departmental trackers of all key areas which the Technical function has responsibility for.
- Ensure the timely delivery of accurate sales-related information including, but not limited to, layouts, conveyance plans, plot transfer plans, management plans to ensure the timely process of home sales.
- Coordinate with planning architects and ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and ensure discharge of planning conditions.
Candidates will need to be qualified to at least HNC level in Design or Construction, a degree in Architecture or Engineering would be desirable.
5 years experience working within a residential house builder at a similar level is essential, along with previous management of a multi-discipline team of consultants and full working knowledge of the building regulations and NHBC guidance.
Technical Manager; Design Manager; Architecture; House Builder;
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity).
About Ash Employment Services Ltd
Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Job Poster: Dan Jarvis