Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor on behalf of my client to provide Cost Management for assigned developments in the South East.
- Maintain a record of current build costs & rates and liaise with the Senior Estimator
- Attend specification meetings to confirm site specific specification requirements from Sales and the latest applicable build regulations.
- Attend the site pre-start meeting to receive construction issue drawings and determine build and sales strategy.
- Compile tender packages for all sub-contract trades
- Despatch tender packages in accordance with Commercial Best Practice Manual.
- Receive tenders and qualify.
- Compile analysis sheet for each trade comparing tender levels with CV1/CV2 estimates and latest management plan.
- Compile and present CV2 tender summary sign-off in accordance with parameters determined in the Commercial Best Practice Manual. Compile and present CV1 tender summary sign-off in accordance with parameters determined in the Commercial Best Practice manual. Coordinate the activities of the Material Buyer and Company Estimator to achieve CV1 and CV2 sign-off.
- Obtain authorisation to ‘let’ all sub-contract orders valued over thresholds as noted in Commercial Best Practice Manual.
- Place and issue sub-contract orders in accordance with Group Policy and Commercial Best Practice to budget and within programme requirements. Attend and minute all sub-contract order adjudication meetings.
- Compile reports on contract letting vs. estimate for each site periodically, as required.
- Liaise with Build Department on sub-contractors’ performance and compliance with order conditions.
- Attend and project team meetings as required.
- Complete sub-contract orders to accord with site programmed build requirements in accordance with Group Policy and Group Rebate schemes and fully adjudicate prior to issue of documentation.
- Set up and regularly review with the Site Management team the PPQA tick sheet to facilitate sub-contract contract work payment.
- Liaise with Company Management and provide all necessary forecast and site budget information to meet the business’s reporting requirements.
- Attend a monthly cost valuation meeting.
- Control and report post contract cost movements per development every month. Update CV1 and CV2 site specific reports and provide details of all “unscheduled” and “scheduled” order revisions i.e. Site Instructions and Site Purchase Orders.
- To provide such monthly reporting as required by the Commercial Manager.
- Review Professional Fee provisions and statutory service cost, and credits, with the Technical Department.
- Ensure invoices/applications for payments are processed in accordance with Standard Terms and Conditions of Contract.
- Maintain a half yearly site reserve list.
- Issue Payment Withhold Notices, where a contractor application, or part thereof, is in dispute in accordance with Construction Act.
- Immediately advise management of notification of impending claim or legal action arising from a disputed claim or payment from a Sub-Contractor/Service Provider.
- Where necessary, determine a sub-contract order in accordance with Standard Terms and Conditions of Employment and liaise with Build Department in this respect.
- Assist in the regular review of materials on-site and material valuations.
- Agree and process all Sales Variation requests, including works to show homes, stock plots and sales incentive works in accordance with Group Procedures.
- Properly categorise on the Construction System “unscheduled” and “scheduled” order amendments.
- Ensure the collection of retention against all sub-contract orders in accordance with Group Policy.
- Manage and certify retention releases on completion of the development.
- Complete and agree sub-contract final accounts within 6 months of the last legal completion on-site and prior to the first release of retention to the individual sub-contractors.
- Maintain final account schedule. Maintain completed development provision on CV1.
- Maintain CV2 reserves as part of the ‘Old Site Reserve’ central file.
- Liaise with the Technical Department to secure site adoptions and tender, let and administer maintenance orders, as required.
- Complete formal site closedown procedure in accordance with Group Policy.
The ideal candidate will have a HNC/HND in Surveying and at least three years’ experience working with a Residential Developer
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity).
About Ash Employment Services Ltd
Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Job Poster: Dan Jarvis