Manufacturing Shift Manager
Overall purpose of the Role:
To support the Production Manager in ensuring operational efficiencies and to drive performance and growth through excellent operational and process knowledge. To manage the manufacturing cells across the shop floor effectively and in line with the business plan and lead with a presence on the shop floor.
- Ensure full management of manufacturing cells across the shop floor
- Manage and ensure development of Cell Team Leaders and Lead Machine Setters
- Management responsibility for ensuring that a safe and clean work environment is maintained on the shop floor and that all employees and agency temps are compliant with established policies and procedures, work in a safe manner and that equipment and machines are regularly maintained by engineering department
- Management responsibility for the quality of product that is produced by shop floor staff and agency temps
- Organise and maintain labour and work flow to schedule compliance in order to support all production targets and achieve KPIs, investigating and trouble-shooting where issues against plan arise
- Recruitment of staff within agreed headcount budget and management of agency temps
- Management responsibility for ensuring that staff are trained and assessed in line with company standards, procedures and regulatory requirements and that skills and knowledge gaps are identified and corrective action implemented
- Manage staff effectively, fairly and swiftly to ensure that accountability, discipline and strong leadership is promoted throughout the shop floor
- Drive team motivation, employee engagement and foster a culture of communication and teamwork where all team members and staff are clear on expectations, goals and issues and are encouraged to contribute ideas, support company initiatives and develop professionally
- To deliver and manage the PDR process and ensure the PDR process is utilised to its full potential
- Lean and CI champion and facilitate process teams to drive through a lean-thinking and continuous improvement culture to reduce scrap and waste while improving OEE and labour efficiency
- Responsibility for ensuring that NCR and/or CAPA investigations and validation works are completed and that the most effective corrective and preventative actions are implemented
- Provide competent and reliable information to colleagues to ensure best practice is followed and that the highest standard quality of product is produced
- Effective communication at all levels both verbally and on any written documentation e.g. shift handovers, investigations etc.
Ideally applicants will hold BTEC HNC/HND or Degree in Manufacturing and experience of 6 sigma (at least Yellow Belt but preferably Green Belt)
Working 4 on 4 off shifts (days) the role pays between £40K-£42K.
About Ash Employment Services Ltd
Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Job Poster: Dan Jarvis