Maintenance Technician - £42K
Operation and effective maintenance of all plant/equipment used within the packing areas, with emphasis on the improving plant availability & reliability.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure the highest standards within Safety, Quality, Hygiene and Environmental.
• Operate all Packing Lines as a key primary function, but with the ability to train and develop employees and agency workers to maintain flexibility within the workforce.
• Reactive maintenance on equipment with packing, process and utilities areas, but with primary focus on the sticks, sachets and tablet packing lines when running.
• Perform planned maintenance to packing lines, and also to the boiler plant when required and time permits.
• Provide where necessary HT cover for the site following the appropriate training and assessment.
• Assist the Reliability Engineer in the planning & scoping of planned line overhauls, including spares lists.
• Assist in completing RCA (Root Cause Analysis) on component failures, generating and implementing modifications & improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant.
• Provide cost estimates for improvement and support capital requests for improvements when not operating or maintaining.
• Record usage of spares in SAP in order to maintain accurate SAP inventories.
• Involvement of Pre-Delivery inspections & installation of new plant for area of responsibility, when required.
• Participate in capital projects at all stages of implementation through to commissioning.
• Mentor, train and advise on engineering practices and Maintenance issues at all levels.
• Flexible working within a recognized Shift System.
• Comparable experience of maintenance within an automated continuous process environment, which includes PLC and HT systems.
• Knowledge of Health, Safety & environmental systems & procedures
• Experience of planning and organising engineering tasks often involving contractor resources.
• Relevant experience of operating and maintenance within an automated process or packing operation
• Experience of Predictive/Preventative maintenance techniques and regimes.
• Ideally HNC/NVQ4 in an engineering discipline. Ideally HNC/NVQ4 in an engineering discipline.
• Multi-skilled in a range of engineering trades.
Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity